1. What is AARP car insurance from The Hartford?
AARP car insurance from The Hartford is a partnership between the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) and The Hartford insurance company. The Hartford is a company that provides auto insurance coverage to AARP members in the United States. As an AARP member, you can receive exclusive benefits, such as lifetime renewability, a 12-month rate protection, and a RecoverCare benefit, which helps you with daily living expenses in case of an accident.
2. Coverage options provided by AARP car insurance from The Hartford
AARP car insurance from The Hartford provides several coverage options to its members. The basic coverage options include liability coverage, collision coverage, and comprehensive coverage. Liability coverage pays for damages and injuries that you cause to others in an accident. Collision coverage pays for damages to your vehicle in case of an accident with another car or object. Comprehensive coverage pays for damages to your vehicle caused by incidents other than accidents, such as theft or natural disasters. In addition to these basic coverage options, AARP car insurance from The Hartford also offers a range of additional coverages, such as:
- Roadside Assistance: Covers emergency roadside services, including towing, tire changes, fuel delivery, and lockout assistance.
- New Car Replacement: If your new car is totaled in the first 15 months or 15,000 miles, The Hartford will replace it with a new car of the same make and model.
- Accident Forgiveness: Your rates will not increase due to an accident if you have been a customer for at least five years and have not had an accident in the past three years.
- Disappearing Deductible: Your deductible will decrease by $50 for every year that you are accident-free, up to a maximum of $500.
- Personal Injury Protection: Pays for medical expenses, lost wages, and other related expenses if you or your passengers are injured in an accident.
3. Benefits of AARP car insurance from The Hartford
AARP car insurance from The Hartford offers several benefits to its members, including:
- Exclusive discounts: AARP members can receive exclusive discounts on their car insurance premiums, such as a 10% discount on their auto insurance rates and a 5% discount on their homeowners or renters insurance rates.
- Lifetime renewability: AARP car insurance from The Hartford guarantees that your policy will never be canceled due to age or health reasons, as long as you pay your premiums on time.
- 12-month rate protection:
- 12-month rate protection: AARP car insurance from The Hartford provides rate protection for 12 months, which means that your premium will not change for the first year of your policy.
- RecoverCare benefit: If you or your passengers are injured in an accident, the RecoverCare benefit will pay up to $2,500 for daily living expenses, such as house cleaning, transportation, and meal preparation.
- Deductible waiver for not-at-fault accidents: If you are involved in an accident that is not your fault, The Hartford will waive your deductible.
4. Drawbacks of AARP car insurance from The Hartford
While AARP car insurance from The Hartford offers several benefits, it also has some drawbacks that you should consider before purchasing a policy. These include:
- Limited availability: AARP car insurance from The Hartford is only available to AARP members, which may limit your options if you are not an AARP member.
- No online quotes: The Hartford does not provide online quotes for its car insurance policies, which may be inconvenient for some customers.
- Higher rates for younger drivers: AARP car insurance from The Hartford may have higher rates for younger drivers, as it is geared towards older drivers who are members of AARP.
5. How to get AARP car insurance quotes from The Hartford
To get AARP car insurance quotes from The Hartford, you will need to contact The Hartford directly by phone or through an authorized agent. You will need to provide your personal information, such as your name, address, and driver’s license number, as well as information about your vehicle, such as its make and model.
6. Factors that affect your AARP car insurance quotes
Several factors can affect your AARP car insurance quotes, including:
- Your age and driving record: Younger drivers and those with a poor driving record may have higher rates than older drivers with a clean record.
- Your vehicle: The make and model of your car can affect your rates, as some vehicles are more expensive to repair or replace than others.
- Your location: Your zip code can affect your rates, as some areas may have a higher incidence of accidents or thefts.
- Your coverage options: The types and amounts of coverage you choose can affect your rates, as more coverage will typically result in higher premiums.
7. How to save money on AARP car insurance from The Hartford
There are several ways to save money on AARP car insurance from The Hartford, including:
- Bundling policies: If you have multiple policies with The Hartford, such as car and homeowners insurance, you can receive a discount on your premiums.
- Safe driver discounts: If you have a clean driving record, you may be eligible for a safe driver discount.
- Defensive driving courses: Completing a defensive driving course may qualify you for a discount on your premiums.
- Low mileage discounts: If you drive your car less than a certain number of miles per year, you may be eligible for a low mileage discount.
8. How to file a claim with AARP car insurance from The Hartford
If you need to file a claim with AARP car insurance from The Hartford, you can do so by calling The Hartford directly or by filing a claim online through its website. You will need to provide information about the accident, such as the date and location, as well as information about the other drivers involved.
9. How to cancel your AARP car insurance policy with The Hartford
If you need to cancel your AARP car insurance policy with The Hartford, you can do so by contacting The Hartford directly by phone or email. You may be charged a cancellation fee, depending on the terms of your policy.
10. Customer service and support provided by AARP car insurance
11. Coverage Options
The Hartford offers various coverage options for AARP members. This includes liability, collision, comprehensive, uninsured/underinsured motorist, personal injury protection (PIP), and medical payments coverage.
12. Discounts and Benefits
AARP members who switch to The Hartford can enjoy several benefits and discounts. These include the Lifetime Renewability benefit, which ensures that you can renew your policy as long as you meet the eligibility requirements. You can also receive a discount for bundling your car insurance with home insurance or other policies. The Hartford also offers a disappearing deductible, which reduces your deductible by $50 for every year of safe driving, up to a maximum of $500.
In conclusion, AARP car insurance from The Hartford is a great option for older drivers who are looking for comprehensive coverage at an affordable price. With The Hartford’s years of experience, AARP members can trust that they will receive the best coverage and customer service. Plus, with the various discounts and benefits offered, policyholders can save money while enjoying peace of mind.
Here are some frequently asked questions about AARP car insurance from The Hartford: